Update WordPress Website
Update WordPress plugins, themes and files to secure your website
Keeping your WordPress website up to date is important to ensure website security, and correct functionality. If your website has not been updated in a long time, a lot of updates applied at once can often cause problems.
I will take a backup of your WordPress website files and database and apply any required updates. In the event that a problem occurs, I will restore the backup, investigate the problem and report back to you in the event further attention is required.
- Full backup of your website files & database
- Application of all plugin and WordPress updates
- Full post update testing of all pages & functions
Plugin Licenses & Files
It is your responsibility to ensure that any plugins requiring a license are valid. If any of your plugins cannot be updated from the WordPress plugins page, you will need to provide a zip file containing the latest version of the plugin.
You will need to provide me with the following information:
- The website address that you would like me to take a look at.
- Access to the admin area of your website, through a username & password. I recommend creating a temporary account for this, so that you can delete it once I have finished working on your website. This will ensure full security of your website.
- FTP details for your hosting account. If you are not sure what this is, please contact your web hosting provider. This enables me to access the files of your website on your server.
- Access to your web hosting control panel. If you are not sure what this is, contact your web hosting provider. This provides me with access to your database and other required information.
What happens if I am not satisfied with the work you have carried out?
I will aim to resolve any issues with you to provide full satisfaction, however if for some reason my work has not matched your expectations, I will provide you with a full refund.
What if I don't want to pay for some plugin license updates?
If you choose not to update ALL plugins, it is possible your website could break.
Many plugin updates contain support for newer versions of the WordPress core software. If you update the core but not older versions of plugins, its likely to cause problems.
This gig is aimed at a FULL update of your website to bring everything up to date.